Old December 16th 07, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Railcard discounts on Oyster Prepay

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:06:18 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

However all is not clear - there is something I've been intending to
query with regards to the new 2008 TfL Fares booklet - available here
as a PDF...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-08-01-02.pdf

On page 17, underneath the table for the different Oyster daily
capping rates, there is this text - the first bit about peak/off-peak
times is exactly the same as I described above, it's the second bit
about London Overground (LO) that's interesting...

---quote---
On the Tube and DLR: peak times are
0430-0930 Monday to Friday (except
Public Holidays). Off-Peak is at all other times.

For details of peak and off-peak times on
London Overground, please see page 21.
---/quote---

OK, let's turn to page 21. There's a table of Oyster PAYG fares for
London Overground - and at the top of the table is the description for
the two columns - "(Monday to Friday from 0700 and before 1900)*"
and then
"(All other times including public holidays)".

If we follow the asterisk to the text under the column, we'll find
this intriguing footnote: