Old December 16th 07, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Lew 1 Lew 1 is offline

Default Sat Nav v the taxi knowledge

My TomTom says that the *fastest* route from Euston Road to Essex Road is
Pentonville Rd - City Rd - Wakley St - Goswell Rd - Islington High St -
Upper St - Islington Gn. Crazy! If you ask for the shortest route, it

sends
you through Baron St and White Lion St, which is the correct shortest and
fastest route.

In my view, SatNav doesn't exist to help me get to my destination via the
fastest route and I don't expect it.

However, most routes it comes up with would always be quicker then me
driving by myself, getting lost, missing turns, stopping and consulting a
map (or, saint's preserve us - asking a local) even if it is not the fastest
route that someone who knows the area would use.

If you know what the fastest and best route it, why would you need to follow
a Sat Nav anyway?

Best Wishes,
LEWIS