Old December 16th 07, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(not at home\) tim \(not at home\) is offline

Default Who sets Day Travelcard fares from outside London?

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
When I started working (part time) in London in 2001 an off-peak Day
Travelcard from Cambridge cost just 60p more (with Network Card
discount) than a cheap day return to London Terminals. I guess the
difference without railcard discount was 90p.

That differential has risen steadily. In 2007 the undiscounted cheap
day return and off-peak Day Travelcard fares are £18 and £22.50
respectively, a difference now of £4.50, five times as much as 6
years ago. For railcard users the difference now is £3.30, five and
half times as much as 60p!

From January, FCC tell me, the CDR remains at £18 while the off-peak
Day Travelcard increases to £24, widening the difference to £6, or
£3.95 with railcard discount. Meanwhile the Peak Travelcard goes up
from £34.50 to £36, the same increase in cash but a £1 less of a
margin because the SDR goes up from £28 to £29.

I bet its an even bigger ripoff if you check the price of a CDR to
the first station within Zone 6, and add an all zones travelcard
bought from that station.

Indeed. A Day Travelcard to Hadley Wood is £23, more than one to London,
with the same validity in effect.

I'm misunderstanding this terminology.

What's a Day Travelcard to Hadley Wood? Surely a Day Travelcard always goes
to "All Zones".

tim