Old November 9th 03, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster Issue (?)

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , K
writes
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:50:48 +0000 (UTC), "RayB"
wrote:

The Oyster card is tied to the Photocard number of the user, as is the

paper
ticket number. I suspect that LUL have stopped the use of the paper

ticket
in this case, except for the main London Terminal(s) it would normally

be
used at.

Why would they do this to a valid paper ticket?

It would prevent the use of what is effectively the same ticket by two
different people - Revenue Protection.

But he only has one ticket?

You may be interested to know that a Pre Pay Oyster (obviously one that
isn't also holding any sort of season ticket) will be completely
transferable; as an unvalidated carnet is now.

I take it (or hope) that the pre pay Oyster is scheduled for release before
the fares change in January, given that there are discounted fares available
on Oyster?

Speaking of which, whose idea was the flat £1.80 single fare to outside Z1
at weekends? Genius. It'll certainly encourage me to use the tube at
weekends.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7