Old December 17th 07, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Wilton Rob Wilton is offline

Default Sat Nav v the taxi knowledge

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Rob Wilton wrote:
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Mike Hughes) wrote:

OK then, take me from Manor House station to Gibson square.

LOL

(For those who don't know that is the very first 'route' in the
'blue book' issued by the Public Carriage Office to those intending
to become taxi drivers)

What is there in Gibson Square that taxi passengers would want to go
to?

A Victoria Line fanshaft.

Have you ever got a taxi from Manor House to your flat? Did the driver
giggle?

Yes whenever I do this journey I get a smile off of the driver & I have had
it explained to me about the knowledge runs,I always try to use a licensed
black cab,the last minicab I took the Albanian driver spoke about three
words of English & could not use his Sat-Nav because he could not spell.