Old December 18th 07, 08:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morton Jonathan Morton is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"Graeme Wall" wrote

Which leaves a 3 to 4 metre platform which would be adequate I should
think. According to How The Underground Works (LT 1968) Ministry of
Transport limits were 6 ft (1.82m) for a single platform and 12 ft
(3.66m)
for an island platform. Tube station platforms are normally 10'6". (3.2)

I would be wary of an island platform of minimum width at a station which
is
likely to be crowded, especially if there is a serviec disruption. I know
the Claphams on the Northern Line are well below current standards, but
before Angel was rebuilt I felt very apprehensive there.

The only real advantage of having island platforms at SPILL will be if
trains arrive off the Midland and Great Northern Lines together they will
be
able to unload either side of the island, instead of one having to wait
outside.

Peter