Old December 18th 07, 09:55 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london
jonmorris jonmorris is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

On 18 Dec, 21:52, Roland Perry wrote:

Now that the station is fully open it's even more apparent what a stupid
idea it was not to have some escalators down from the P1-4 concourse to
(eg) the same place as the FCC escalators go down.

I think that it's also rather silly that there are signs for "UK rail
tickets" - and two totally separate ticket offices next door to each
other. One for East Midlands and one for FCC. I guess SET will get one
of their own too when they start!

How or why does a tourist want to worry about where to queue up. Sure,
most will sell tickets for each other but that makes it even more
nonsensical!

And, for the last day or so the information screens haven't been
working at platform/station entrance level (but do seem to work on the
200 mile long departure boards) and I also noticed (sad journo that I
am) that they've got the platform letters in lower case on at least
one sign!!

Still, at least they seem to have turned down the water pressure on
the toilet sinks - so you don't give yourself a shower when you wash
your hands! Also keeps the floor a bit less slippery at the same
time!!

Jonathan