Old December 18th 07, 11:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sky Rider Sky Rider is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

jonmorris wrote:
I think that it's also rather silly that there are signs for "UK rail
tickets" - and two totally separate ticket offices next door to each
other. One for East Midlands and one for FCC. I guess SET will get one
of their own too when they start!

Unless their plans change, there won't be any more ticket offices in
StP. See http://tinyurl.com/yqtmxv for details (the domestic ticket
offices are just above 'THE CIRCLE').

How or why does a tourist want to worry about where to queue up. Sure,
most will sell tickets for each other but that makes it even more
nonsensical!

That'll be something for Network Rail to consider now that StP is the
18th (current) station in their 'Major Stations' portfolio, although it
is the only one that they don't own. Interestingly enough, that now
means that the car park is no longer jointly operated (as it was since
the equivalent facility off Battle Bridge Road was closed to new
entrants for KXSE purposes on November 14).

And, for the last day or so the information screens haven't been
working at platform/station entrance level (but do seem to work on the
200 mile long departure boards) and I also noticed (sad journo that I
am) that they've got the platform letters in lower case on at least
one sign!!

The offending sign is at the bottom of the staircase on the southbound
platform. For such a small thing I find it somewhat irritating!

In 20 years the long PIS board may become as much a landmark as the
Solari board at London Liverpool Street was shortly before its removal.

Still, at least they seem to have turned down the water pressure on
the toilet sinks - so you don't give yourself a shower when you wash
your hands! Also keeps the floor a bit less slippery at the same
time!!

About time too. And credit to LCR for deciding not to introduce an entry
fee either (the income from retailers is helpful in that respect),
although with NR in charge of station operations that may change.