Old December 19th 07, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Will this work?

On Dec 19, 2:15 pm, "Toby" wrote:
"Mark S" wrote in message

I don't see all the above being true because take a look at this
following route:

Arrive at Ealing Broadway Go Through Barriers Take FGW to Burnham
(no Oyster) Come back to Ealing Broadway and exit barriers.

With the above route there is no way for you to signal that you have
traveled outside of Ealing Broadway so essentially are you entering
and leaving at the same station and of course I hope this does not
charge me when I have the zones on my travel card for Ealing.

But if a Revenue Protection Inspector checks you on the train from Ealington
to Burnham (and they're far more common these days), then you're probably
liable for a £20 fine.

There are a vast number of journeys made every day with travelcards
where one goes through a barrier at one end but not the other.

Often where the country end is not barriered but the terminus is, eg
arriving at Charing Cross, Victoria or Cannon Street from many
stations.

Also the other way round, such as many SWT local stations which have
barriers and the regular journey is to Waterloo, which is not
barriered.

I used to make a regular commute from south eastern suburb to south
western suburb, where the only gate I ever went through was at the
south west end (out in the morning and in in the evening). No
barriers at my end or at Waterloo East or Waterloo.