Old December 19th 07, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default East London Line work

"Martin J" wrote in message
On my journey from New X Gate to Canada Water today, I was surprised to
see just before Surrey Quays, evidence of new track forming a new junction
just south of Surrey Quays, which I think is heading in the direction of
Queens Road Peckham.
I can see the progress of the flyover north of New X gate but surprised to
see this other work as I thought that bit was stage 2.
Any thoughts?

Is it to be an access for NR engineering trains delivering new track,
ballast etc, off the NR lines? It'll be a while before access is available
from the north of the route, and in any event, its the only practical way
full length welded rail could be delivered. It wouldn't have to be built to
the full standards of the finished article, just a through siding, if only
to be used for limited activities during possessions.

Paul S