Old December 20th 07, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default East London Line work

On 19 Dec, 21:47, "Recliner" wrote:
"Martin J" wrote in message

On my journey from New X Gate to Canada Water today, I was surprised
to see just before Surrey Quays, evidence of new track forming a new
junction just south of Surrey Quays, which I think is heading in the
direction of Queens Road Peckham.
I can see the progress of the flyover north of New X gate but
surprised to see this other work as I thought that bit was stage 2.
Any thoughts?

Connection for works trains bringing in materials for the reconstruction
work?

Just sidings in the Silwood Triangle works depot as opposed to a
connection with the rest of the rail network. Any such connections for
works traffic could be put in at New Cross and/or New Cross Gate - the
latter certainly being a a very likely candidate for a connection for
works traffic, as of course the plan is for there to be a connection
at New Cross Gate for running through trains between the ELL and the
line down to Croydon.

I do wonder whether there will be a temporary connection at New Cross,
as I think the lines here arguably offer a better placed connection
for freight traffic.

I'm sure I've read that a considerable amount of the construction
materials will be brought in by rail so as to avoid excess road
traffic. However, the Silwood Triangle site will be the best place on
the ELL route to receive deliveries by road, which can then be moved
up the line by train.