Old December 21st 07, 04:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:37:18 +0000, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

While it is not a justification for it, some tourists, particularly from
Eastern Europe, might be used to this sort of thing.

I assume both will sell tickets for both, though, just like the
offices at Euston (where there's one for each of Virgin and London
Midland).

If you want a more stupid example of such things, though, with a
curiously British twist (of providing competition where none can
feasibly exist), look at the coach service from Luton Airport to
London. This is operated by Arriva, but tickets can be purchased (at
different prices) from the easyBus and Terravision ticket offices, or
at a different price again (as Green Line) from the driver. What an
utter, utter nonsense.

(That said, such things are common in the air as well, so perhaps an
airport service isn't the most unlikely place for it).

Neil

--
Neil Williams