Old December 23rd 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Changing at Bank

I'm flying from London City this evening, and Journey Planner is
advising me to avoid changing at Bank:

"BANK/MONUMENT STATION: Reduced escalator service until further
notice. Avoid changing trains at Bank/Monument Passengers are advised
to avoid changing trains at Bank/Monument, until further notice, due
to ongoing escalator work which is slowing down interchange time
through the station. The current work at Bank/Monument is leading to
added journey times for customers changing between lines. Customers
can avoid these delays by using alternative interchange routes."

Is changing from the Northern Line to the DLR likely to be a problem
on a Sunday afternoon, or am I best doing what the site says, and
going another way around?

(I'm starting at Wood Green, so I think my best alternative route
would be Piccadilly to KX, Northern to London Bridge, Jubilee to
Canning Town, then the DLR. Which is beginning to sound like a
particularly unsuccessful game of Mornington Crescent)

- martin