Old December 23rd 07, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Blake Street to Southall Broadway, what ticket do I need?

On 23 Dec, 05:16, Fig wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:47:25 -0000, wrote:
On Dec 22, 6:04 pm, Philip Hardy wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
wrote:

Certainly will. Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already
covers you
on all rail, tube and bus services throughout zones 1 to 6.

Just to add to that (though it doesn't apply in this particular case)
- any Travelcard, regardless of the zonal combination, can be used to
any London Buses service anywhere in Greater London (and in a few
instances a little way beyond the boundary as well) - i.e. a zones 2-6
Day Travelcard can be used on buses in zone 1.

(Though on Croydon Tramlink, whilst a London Bus Pass can be used, a
Travelcard can only be used if it is valid in any of zones 3/4/5 or 6
- so a zones 1&2 Travelcard is no good.)

Except Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect to/from Heathrow.

I'll be someway off course if I end up at Heathrow, though!

Probably worth pointing out that you can use a Travelcard on Heathrow
Connect between Paddington and Southall. Travelcards are not valid between
Hayes and Harlington and Heathrow.

Absolutely - and it's important to make that clear as the Heathrow
Connect service in fact provides half of the local stopping trains on
the route between Paddington and Hayes and Harlington (though Heathrow
Connect trains don't stop at Acton Main Line, and on sunday no trains
stop at Hanwell or West Ealing).