Old December 23rd 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Blake Street to Southall Broadway, what ticket do I need?

In article
,
() wrote:

On Dec 22, 2:21*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
wrote in message

m...

(Blake Street is a little station on the north side of Birmingham)

When visting London via this route I usually get a day return to
Marylebone on Chiltern, with a zones 1-6 travelcard on the same
ticket. Would this cover me to catch the tube to padington, then
the train to Southall?, then the bus to Southall Broadway

Certainly will. *Your current ticket (a day travelcard) already
covers you on all rail, tube and bus services throughout *zones 1
to 6. Southall is in zone 4.

Thanks a lot

It all depends what extra you have to pay for a ticket including the
Underground. For a CDR the extra would it seems always make it worthwhile
for this journey. Elsewhere the add-on can be more than you would spend
on local tube tickets.

I notice there is a very cheap (£15) day return to Marylebone available
at times which might make it cheaper to buy a travelcard in London on
arrival if it has no travelcard option.

--
Colin Rosenstiel