Old December 23rd 07, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sky Rider Sky Rider is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

snip

Anyway, one flight of stairs may be OK but most of the stations we're
discussing have two.

Really?

St Pancras - 2
Farringdon - 1
City - ?
Blackfriars - "every bit the height difference problems that SPILL has"
but no count so far
E&C (not that we were discussing it) - ?

I encourage people who know these stations to improve this count!

Sorry for the delay in replying.

City Thameslink has one long(ish) flight of stairs and 2 escalators
between each platform and each ticket hall (City has 2 ticket halls),
plus a short flight of stairs between each ticket halls and the street.
The Ludgate Hill ticket hall also has a lift for each platform.

Blackfriars is a curious station as far as stairs go - there is one
long(ish) flight of stairs (and 2 escalators) between the southbound TL
platform and the street, but there are 5(?) short flights of stairs
between the northbound TL platform and the street. That said Blackfriars
will be rebuilt by the end of 2011 anyway.

I don't know about Elephant & Castle because I've never been there.

snip