Old December 23rd 07, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Sky Rider wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

snip

Anyway, one flight of stairs may be OK but most of the stations we're
discussing have two.

Really?

St Pancras - 2
Farringdon - 1
City - ?
Blackfriars - "every bit the height difference problems that SPILL has" but
no count so far
E&C (not that we were discussing it) - ?

I encourage people who know these stations to improve this count!

Sorry for the delay in replying.

City Thameslink has one long(ish) flight of stairs and 2 escalators between
each platform and each ticket hall (City has 2 ticket halls), plus a short
flight of stairs between each ticket halls and the street. The Ludgate Hill
ticket hall also has a lift for each platform.

Blackfriars is a curious station as far as stairs go - there is one long(ish)
flight of stairs (and 2 escalators) between the southbound TL platform and
the street, but there are 5(?) short flights of stairs between the northbound
TL platform and the street. That said Blackfriars will be rebuilt by the end
of 2011 anyway.

Thanks for the info! Those two stations do indeed sound like a pain if you
have a bike, unless you fancy taking the lift at City.

tom

--
Ten years on, and there is still nothing like this bizarre tale of
biomechanical space madness.