Old November 9th 03, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Good Riddance to Connex

As I have stated on pervious occasions, I am a barrister. I am the contributor
to several legal practice volumes called "Atkin's Court Forms" and these
contain "model" legal pleadings for lawyers to adapt in their own cases. In the
current volume of "Trespass to the Person", where I have drafted a model
dealing with false imprisonment of a passenger by a railway official, the
fictional title of the railway company is "X.Y. Trains plc". In the previous
edition, I had managed to slip in "Connem Trains plc" but I think the
publishers were worried about the connection between "Connem" and "Connex",
hence the more anodyne name now used. Pity!

Marc.