Old December 29th 07, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Heathrow on Boxing Day?

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:47:08 -0000, "Recliner"
wrote:

"chunky munky" wrote in message

What do they show at
present in C London for a T4, vs. T123 Direct??

Rather confusingly, all current Heathrow trains are described as
going to T123, with no mention of T4. Technically, this is correct,
as T123 is indeed the terminating point, but it's currently
unnecessary to mention terminal numbers as all trains go to all
terminals;

Not so - early & late Piccs skip T4 often, with a confusing way to
find out if you have to get off at HattonX:. if there is no
announcement then T4 is probably a go, if the train driver tells T4
people to get off then it's a good bet the train is going to T123
without doing the loop; if the scrolling display tells you to get off
at HatX but there is no spoken announcement then odds are T4 will be
served non the less. I've had all such scenarios on a 7am Monday
morning to T4 and it is confusing. There is no clue in HattonX if the
next Picc is T4-bound or not. The fact that T4-123 is a loop
terminating at the latter is unfortunately covered up by the
information signs which pretend "C London" is a direct link from T4.

Ah, that's even more confusing than I realised!