Old December 30th 07, 02:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Old BR logo on London Underground

On Dec 29, 2:08 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article
,

(umpston) wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:28 am, Standing at HN28 signal
wrote:
On 29 Dec, 00:36, "Lew 1"
wrote:

It's *not* an old logo. Every railway station in the country
shows that logo

Not quite every station. St Pancras has only HS1 logos, not a BR
Double Arrow in sight!

Nor do stations served only by the UndergrounD. The logo is used only
for the 'National Rail' network. At privatisation this was easy to
define as all lines owned by Railtrack. Not so simple now.

So why isn't used at St Pancras International? It is served by two
'National Rail' TOCs, East Midlands Trains and First Capital Connect.

Well crumbs I don't know! However my statement that the logo is used
only for the National Rail network still holds true - I haven't heard
of any non national-rail stations where it is used only of some NR
stations where for some reason it isn't.