Old January 1st 08, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Met to Aldgate

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"Boltar" wrote in message

Not really, the staff were just being bloody minded. Besides which I
had to wait about 10 minutes for my train to show up in the first
place. Though thats par for the course at off peak times on the
northern stretch of the picc these days which seems to be run more
like a country branch line than a metro system.

I have a further theory, now that you've mentioned the line had delays.
For the benefit & safety of pax further down the line, where the platforms
are wedged with people whose trains haven't arrived, is it better to send
the 'empty' train first, or the full train?

I doubt that safety even affects the consideration. For the better
timekeeping of the service, which is best?

tim