Old January 1st 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Minger Minger is offline

Default Tube train runaway 1992 ish?

"David Biddulph" groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
wrote in message
I seem to remember an incident in the early 90's (1992?) where a tube
train had runaway due to the driver leaving his cab to see to a door
interlock problem. I was young at the time and this is all I can
remember, can anybody shed any light on the incident?

1990 Victoria Line:
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/9.81.html#subj2
--
David Biddulph

There was a simliar incident around the same time on the Piccadilly Line at
Kings Cross, where a driver done the same thing.
As the Piccadilly is not automatic, the train moved off because the now
sacked driver put a heavy bag on the dead mans handle to keep the brakes
off!!
The train got to Holloway Rd before it was stopped by a red signal.