Old January 2nd 08, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Not impressed by last night's London fireworks

"Rob" wrote in message

Fireworks looked pretty impressive on TV to me. Much better than New
Years Eve was in London just a few years ago - see
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2618337.stm with police advising
people to stay at home as there was nothing to see.

Yes, I thought so too -- maybe they were designed more for TV than
spectators? For example, all the stuff on the river wouldn't have been
visible to anyone who wasn't right on the bank, but was great on TV.