Old January 3rd 08, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default New Year's Eve at Charing Cross

On 3 Jan, 00:14, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article
,

(BVETubeTrains) wrote:
As far as I know, Charing Cross wouldn't have been open at all for
trains at twoish in the morning, as the last trains leave some time
around midnight, and dont start till about five.

Not on New Year's morning, though, surely?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Charing X remained open with regular half hourly services to a variety
of destinations, except the one I wanted as there was no service
between Hither Green and Petts Wood (served from Victoria). The
problem was that you couldn't get into the station because the two
nomimal queues (over and underground) which started half way up the
Strand were actually mostly Underground passengers - when we finally
struggled into CX after an hour queueing it was practically deserted.
Outside, the queues were still several hundred yards long from
Trafalgar Sq, up to nearly the Savoy and then back again.

Rubbish organisation - next time (if ever) I will just stay on the
platform at CX, watch the fireworks, and hop on the train.

MaB