Old January 4th 08, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Bias.

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On 4 Jan, 00:39, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,

Blame the Government. They have made the silly rules on this free bus
scheme.

Are they really such silly rules? Would you let all English pensioners
use the railway network across England for example?

TBH, I wouldn't give free travel. It encourages wasteful journeys and
distorts modal splits. I would give discounts to reflect that they are
filling empty off-peak seats and better pensions so that pensioners can
make their own choices.

There's a real possibility that the free bus travel will wipe out daytime
train travel by the over 60s in some rural areas. I'm sure one of the
regional rail companies has already found this. South Wales perhaps?

By the way, how do TfL calculate/reimburse the travel costs of Freedom Pass
holders on National Rail in the London area?

Paul S