Old January 4th 08, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Bias.

Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message
of
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 02:32:03 in uk.transport.london, Mizter T
writes

[snip]

Are they really such silly rules? Would you let all English pensioners
use the railway network across England for example?

I believe pensioner train travel has been free in the Irish Republic for
some time. I do not know what the limitations of the scheme are.

ICBW, but I seem to remember reading that the Republic of Ireland has a
significantly younger population than the UK - more yoofs and fewer
wrinklies than here. It might make a difference.

I am uncomfortable with the traffic implications of free travel.

Paying lots for a ticket for a long trip, then having to give up the
seat to a miserable old git who is riding round in circles because it is
free. Shades of teenagers struggling to do school work in public
libraries full of half-mad old biddies shouting to each other.

--
Arthur "tolerance" Figgis