Old January 5th 08, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Bias.

Clive. wrote:
In message , Ian Jelf
writes
I am a believer in free local travel for older people, not as a
poverty-relieving measure but as a tangible "gift" from society to
someone who has attained a certain age.

I find this very offensive. I've paid full tax and N.I. All my
life, why should I now be a second class citizen to a "Londoner"?

Because your council has not opted to fund free travel on local trains
for you, whereas those in London have. It's called local democracy. It
means your council tax is lower. Some people might regard that as an
advantage.

--
Richard J.