Old January 5th 08, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster cards and 'ONE' railway

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 06:16:35 -0800 (PST), Chintz35
wrote:

On Nov 27 2007, 6:29*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

I know lots of people who where looking forward to the PAYG option.

When I'm in tomorrow I'll keep my eyes open for the little leaflet that was
spoken of and I'll pick one up and see what's said.

There was some publicity a while ago that said "Spring 2008" though I
can't remember where I saw that, and I believe this was applying to
stations between Liverpool St and Seven Sisters only. The Oyster card
readers appeared at Rectory Road before Christmas but were covered up.
Suddenly in the new year they are apparently ready for use, but there
is absolutely nothing at the station to say they are now functioning,
and nothing on the One website or anywhere. At some point I'll risk
using it and see what happens at the other end, but a bit of help from
the train company would be appreciated - One are obviously a bit more
cooperative about Oyster than some companies, but this is pretty silly
behaviour if you ask me.

PAYG is operative from 2/1/08 at all One stations between Liv St and
Seven Sisters / Tottenham Hale and Walthamstow Central.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7090.aspx

Also

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/5823.aspx
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...G-08-01-02.pdf

Using the TfL fare finder you can see what the PAYG fares are for NR
journeys. here is an example from Liv St to Stoke Newington.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...res=Show+fares

Unfortunately One's own website is still showing incorrect info.

http://www.onerailway.com/latest_inf...ort_for_london

HTH

--
Paul C