Old January 5th 08, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TimB TimB is offline

Default Ely Place, Cambridgeshire and mail sorting in Amsterdam

On Jan 5, 2:39*pm, Michael Hoffman wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
A big company I used to work for sent outbound mail through some private
company, which then sent all the post via (I think) Germany en route to
its destination. We'd occasionally get phone calls from people puzzled
by seeing German markings on the envelopes.

I frequently get mass mailings from American companies I do business
with via Germany.
--
Michael Hoffman

DHL or TNT or some such is owned by Deutsche Post, so I imagine they
fly all their stuff from the US to Europe in to Germany and then
distribute it.
Tim