Old January 9th 08, 02:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default [OT] Ely Place, Cambridgeshire and mail sorting in Amsterdam

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

I also have a possibly erroneous mental image of an "Ely Place"
street sign in the City Corporation style, white with a black
border and with the city coat of arms at the side.

I think so.

I expect 'll be in that area on the evening of 16 January next week
but I'm not sure what one might see in the dark.

Not a lot from Charterhouse Street, and Ely Place itself will probably be
locked.