Old January 9th 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
gw2486 gw2486 is offline

Default ELL alternative route

On Jan 9, 5:45*pm, gw2486 wrote:
I was reading through the weekly email of weekend engineering works
today and clicked on the link for more information on the Aldgate area
closure. Was very surprised to be advised (sorry for long URL - see
page 5 ofhttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/emails/worksandclosures/District_A4_12_1...
)
that if I want to get from Whitechapel to central London, the
alternative route is ELL via Canada Water. Not very well thought out!
Has anyone else found similarly bad advice given out by TfL?

To which I must add, there is a reminder almost exactly opposite on
the next page saying that the line is closed!
gw