Old January 9th 08, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default ELL alternative route

On 9 Jan, 17:49, gw2486 wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:45*pm, gw2486 wrote:

I was reading through the weekly email of weekend engineering works
today and clicked on the link for more information on the Aldgate area
closure. Was very surprised to be advised (sorry for long URL - see
page 5 ofhttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/emails/worksandclosures/District_A4_12_1...
)
that if I want to get from Whitechapel to central London, the
alternative route is ELL via Canada Water. Not very well thought out!
Has anyone else found similarly bad advice given out by TfL?

To which I must add, there is a reminder almost exactly opposite on
the next page saying that the line is closed!
gw

The DLR trains were announcing that one should change for the East
London Line at Shadwell a few days ago, and probably still.

It's true that you can still change there for the replacement buses if
you don't want to go south of the thames, but it's pointless if you
are heading south and generally misleading not to mention that the
line itself is closed.