Old January 10th 08, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Megabus/trains getting off early??

On 10 Jan, 11:47, Michael Hoffman wrote:
The only thing that the Megatrain T&Cs say [http://www.megatrain.com/
uk/help/smallprint.php] is:

"Bookings are only valid on the journey(s) and places stated."

That makes it clear that break of journey is prohibited, and therefore
NRCC paragraph 6 forbids ending the journey at an intermediate station
without paying an excess fare.

ITYM 16. That's interesting.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/system...misc/NRCOC.pdf

However, I'm still not convinced that...

A) "Bookings are only valid on the journey(s) and places stated"

....and...

B) "[the right to stop short] may not apply to some types of tickets
for which a break of journey is prohibited, in which case the relevant
Train Companies will make this clear in their notices and other
publications."

....together amount to "the right to stop short does not apply to
Megatrain" - I don't believe that A "maks clear" that "break of
journey is prohibited".

If Megatrain's condition A had the second sentence "break of journey
is prohibited", then it would. Presumably it's oversight rather than
any deliberate desire to create a loophole.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org