Old November 11th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Holloway Sam Holloway is offline

Default An unusual request

On 11 Nov 2003 16:27:39 GMT, Robin May
wrote:
Sam Holloway wrote the following in:

I assumed that's what you were thinking of. Would drawing it 'by
hand' not be sufficient? I've mocked up tube station signs (for
various reasons) before in Photoshop with a red circle, a blue bar
and the right font in white. (The 'old' Johnston font is
commercially available, and is what many of the station roundels
are done with. 'New' Johnston is not at all available outside of
LU/TfL as far as I can see...)

I have got a mock up, but it's not quite as real as I'd like:

http://personal.lse.ac.uk/mayr/tubetossergif.gif

That's the small version, but the bigger version looks a bit dodgy.

Here's my attempt from my template. (File will be available for the
next few days...)

http://www.samholloway.co.uk/tosser.gif

(if this was a cunning joke to get someone to post an URL that makes
them sound stupid, you've just won) :-)

The colours are directly taken from colours on TfL's website so they
should match well. If that's good enough for your needs, then by all
means download and use it (and if you need a different size or format,
let me know), otherwise I look forward to seeing the photo-montage
version!

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge