Old January 12th 08, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Farringdon Underground toilets closed

In message of Sun, 6 Jan 2008
12:08:50 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes
I stopped at Farringdon, this morning, to use the toilets just inside
the gateline above the steps to Platform 4 - the westbound BedPan
platform. I found my access blocked by a gate
The toilets have a notice reporting they will be out of order until
further notice. The helpful gateline CSA told me they had been out of
order for a couple of months.
I complained at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp.
I thought it helpful to advise people here.

[snip]

I quote a response from

The problem with these facilities was due to flooding.* As the station
is due for refurbishment in the near future our original intention was
to carry out the work at the same time.* However, with the number of
customers' requests to re-open the facilities we've received recently,
the work has been rescheduled and started on 8 January.

A pity that information had not reached the station on 6 January.
Somebody might like to report completion of the work in this thread. I
shall ask Customer Services for more information.
--
Walter Briscoe