Old January 12th 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default North London Line

I decided on an observational survey trip last Wednesday afternoon to
the former BR/Bakerloo Line joint stations "north of Harrow" on the DC
Lines.

Headstone Lane - ticket office closed, no UTS gates, no visible staff.
Hatch End - ticket office open, no UTS gates, no other visible staff.
Carpenders Park (a dreadful early-1950s BR hole accessed through dodgy
local authority aubways) - ticket office open, no UTS gates, no other
visible staff.
Bushey - ticket office open, no UTS gates, no other visible staff.
Watford High Road - ticket office open, UTS gates fitted and in use,
about 4 revenue staff in ticket hall.
Watford Junction - ticket office open, UTS gates fitted and in use,
visible staff but presumably all part of the London Midland operation.

Temporary exterior LO signs at all LO stations except Hatch End which
I suppose might require listed building consent?

Had my ticket checked for the first ever on the former Silverlink
Metro system, the squad on the 3-car train were at least 8-strong!

I'm sure the Mayor's promises regarding ticket office opening and
general staffing is not being met at many LO stations, and even some
of the new Bakerloo Line stations seem deserted much of the time.