Old January 13th 08, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Last unpainted D Stock (last "silver" Underground train)

Recliner wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

On 12 Jan, 23:38, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

Tube stock used to be quite good at entering service in the right
year, e.g. 1959, 1960, 1962 and 1967.

A recent new idea is to pretend that the additional Jubilee stock
is also 1996, including the otherwise rather different treadover
plates from the originals.

All the 1967 stock had 1967 in the plates, including the second
batch that must have entered service later, but there was no mark 2
convention.

I meant that the 1967 stock didn't begin to enter service until 1968

C77 stock did have 1977 in the plates, but I don't think it entered
service till about 1979.

I meant that C77 stock is, effectiveless, C68 mk 2 stock, but was
given a new name, unlike the 1972 and 1995 stocks, where the extra
vehicles were given the original year numbers.

C77 was slightly different to C69 (NB: not 68), with GEC motors and
power supplies instead of EE-AEI and some other minor internal and
external changes. After refurbishment in 1991-94, there are no longer
any visible differences.

Incidentally, in addition to various independent sites with LU rolling
stock details such as TubePrune
(http://www.trainweb.org/tubeprune/Rolling%20Stock.htm)
and SquareWheels (http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/rly/stock/), the TfL
site has a set of detailed rolling stock information sheets at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...nd_Edition.pdf
(6MB 23-page PDF file, updated March 2007).

--
Richard J.