Old November 12th 03, 03:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
clio22 clio22 is offline

Default tourist question re walking in London

"Henry" wrote in message ...
"Dominic Pinto" wrote in message

If noone else was going to do so, I would recommend the bus network.
Grab the Central London and other areas bus maps as soon as you can on
arrival, and that'll help plan your walks as the main roads even when
not served by a bus service are clear.

You can download them at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/buses_map.shtml

They are PDF files

Yes, I have these, thanks. Problem is they're not particularly legible
or utile in a printed 8.5x11 paper format.

The Tfl website has been quite responsive. They're mailing me bus map,
tube map, etc. They seem to be out of the walking maps, however. I'll
use the walking journey planner in the meantime, as suggested above.

I thank those who suggested various other walks. As a history scholar
I'll be doing quite a bit of walking in London. I just threw out those
few walks to get an idea of distance/what was walkable.

Bonnie