Old January 16th 08, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Farringdon Underground toilets closed

In message of Sat, 12 Jan 2008
08:35:23 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes
In message of Sun, 6 Jan 2008
12:08:50 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes

[snip]

I complained at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp.
I thought it helpful to advise people here.

[snip]

I quote a response from

The problem with these facilities was due to flooding. As the station
is due for refurbishment in the near future our original intention was
to carry out the work at the same time. However, with the number of
customers' requests to re-open the facilities we've received recently,
the work has been rescheduled and started on 8 January.

A pity that information had not reached the station on 6 January.
Somebody might like to report completion of the work in this thread. I
shall ask Customer Services for more information.

I was visiting Farringdon this morning. It still had the whiteboard
notice showing no intention to fix the problem. I spoke to an unbadged
gateline CSA and was directed to the Station Supervisor's office. He too
was not wearing a badge but perhaps would not then be viewed as customer
facing. It seems the work DID start on Tuesday of last week and may
finish by the end of this week. I shall check again on my next visit.
--
Walter Briscoe