Old January 16th 08, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

On 16 Jan, 17:43, "Paul Scott" wrote:
SWT mention in their latest magazine that the Waterloo Gateline,
installation about to start this month apparently, will have 120 gates.

So soon - I hadn't realised that! Also, anyone know what the latest is
on the Paddington gateline?

How will this compare numbers wise with existing large installations, such
as Liverpool St?

Does anyone know if the subways from the platforms down to the tube will
have barriers?

If the subway isn't covered then that does leave a rather gaping hole
open. Could the LU gates be shifted around so they also covered the
subway to the mainline platforms as well? Though I'm not sure how do-
able that would be.

Plus of course such a suggestion brings with it a whole number of
other issues, such as the LU gateline staff having to be able to deal
with National Rail ticketing, and it would also open up another back
door for ticketless travellers to get on and off the LU network.

Maybe SWT will just staff the subway at certain times, like FGW do on
the Paddington overbridge.