Old January 16th 08, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default 16/01/2008 - London Lite

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, sweek wrote:

This appeared on the Going Underground blog:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2341/...65864844f3.jpg

For those who'd actually like to read the article:

http://london-underground.blogspot.c...-property.html

As the Circle line runs exclusively in Zone 1, I suppose I shouldn't
have been too surprised about the result. The least expensive stop on
the Circle Line is Aldgate, with average property values hovering
around £396,000.

The Victoria Line came as the next most expensive line to buy property
on, with average prices reaching £1,109,107. Green Park was most
expensive stop for property on the Victoria Line with average house
prices above £2 million. The least expensive stop was Tottenham Hale.

Like the Circle, it doesn't go that far out - the five northern and three
southern stations in marginal-to-scummy areas have eight stops in rather
nice and/or central parts of town to balance them.

The Bakerloo comes third and the H&C fourth, and those are also lines
which have smaller-than-average suburban parts, as they only protrude from
central London on one side. The same's true of the Met, of course, which
manages to be quite a bit cheaper. Are houses not that much up in the
wilds of Harrow, Northwood and Ruislip, then?

"We were somewhat surprised to find the District Line appear in the
seventh position, given it includes areas such as Fulham, Richmond and
Wimbledon and follows the Circle Line through many parts of Central
London.

It's also the East End Main Line!

The Waterloo & City Line came in at last place as there are "minimal
residential pockets" around Waterloo and Bank stations.

Minimal and cheap, presumably, which surprises me.

tom

--
It's amazing how often conversations with you have the imaginary sound
of human bones being crushed to rubble in the background. -- itchyfidget,