Old January 17th 08, 01:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Henry Henry is offline

Default 16/01/2008 - London Lite

On Jan 17, 12:05 am, Tom Anderson wrote:

True. I'm still surprised at the implication that prices in nice parts of
Z5/6 are apparently lower than in manky parts of Z2/3.

That does seem strange - but tube stations are more likely to be on
a main road surrounded by shops, so that the average for areas
further out is likely to be depressed by over-representation of
locally undesirable flats.
Not sure I've explained that very well! Basically a house in a
cheap area can still cost more than a flat in a posh one.

Did they try to correct for the nature of the property somehow
(only include 2-bed houses or something)?

Thanks

Henry