Old January 17th 08, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

MIG wrote:
On Jan 17, 12:12 am, John B wrote:
On 16 Jan, 21:09, Paul Corfield wrote:

I think SWT will simply work on the basis that they will have to
accept some "leakage" risk in the AM Peak which I believe is the
only time the steps and subways from the platforms are open.

It isn't [IMX all day weekdays and sometimes even at weekends], but
it doubtless will be once the barriers are imposed. Yay progress.

Given that SWT is going to introduce Oyster, leaving gaps at Waterloo
will presumably earn revenue, if every unresolved journey from Clapham
Junction is charged as an open single to Weymouth.

The DfT have actually contracted an ITSO compatible smartcard - although
Oyster functionality is also a requirement within the zonal area.

It would be extremely dangerous to have gates at the staircases, as
has been mentioned, but if there is room for LU barriers on one side
of the area that you come into at the end of the subway, I can't see
why there couldn't be SWT barriers on the other side of it.

I'm not too familiar with the subway setup, mainly cos IMX it's hardly ever
open when I've arrived (off peak & weekends) in recent years, but does the
W&C line have a separate gateline to the rest of the underground, or just
validators?

Paul