Old January 17th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
John B John B is offline

Default North London Line AC/DC question

On 17 Jan, 17:15, Mizter T wrote:
Obviously under the arrangement for the ELLX up to Highbury &
Islington that has become apparent lately there's no need for the ELLX
rolling stock to have AC equipment, but I was under the impression
that all the new class 378 Electrostar trains for London Overground
were all ordered as dual system (i.e. AC & DC) stock - am I wrong in
thinking this, or has the order subsequently been amended?

You're wrong, I think: TfL's original press release mentions that the
NLL ones would be dual-voltage (and hence implies that the ELL ones
wouldn't be):
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/3534.aspx

Of course, the ELL ones will have pantograph spaces and will be
electronically capable of AC/DC operation, like all new 3rd rail
stock.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org