Old January 18th 08, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

On Jan 17, 10:03*pm, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
Paul Scott wrote

SWT mention in their latest magazine that the Waterloo Gateline,
installation about to start this month apparently, will have 120

gates.

Here is the full quote - SWT free magazine, p8 of issue 26 Jan/Feb '08
(not in the excerpts on the web site).

We're happy to tell you that work by Network Rail to install automatic
barriers will commence at the beginning of 2008. This will involve
removing some of the nearby retail outlets and opening up the current
gateline, after which cabling, ducting and associated works for the new
gates will be carried out.

The actual gates will be installed mid-summer {2008}, a process that
will take until early 2009 to complete. It will be the biggest gating
scheme in Europe, involving the installation of more than 120 gates.

I wonder if the gateline will be rearranged to allow access behind the
buffers?

Otherwise it's going to be problematic if people who just miss their
first train have to go back through the barriers to get to the
adjacent platform, particularly if PAYG is being deducted.