Old January 18th 08, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

On 18 Jan, 07:02, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
03:12:46 on Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:

They won't be introducing Oyster outside Greater London. Their
commitment is to introduce ITSO, which is unlikely to include a PAYG
type product. (ITSO seems likely to be able to hold seasons, carnets
and 'stored journey rights')

I'm waiting to see what degree of interoperability there is between the
ITSO cards introduced by different ToCs. Could I reasonably expect to
have a "SWT" branded ITSO card and use it to pick up [1] a ticket at
Kings Cross for a forthcoming trip between Birmingham and Derby on
Arriva XC.

And if not, where and with whose card might I expect to.

Putting pure technology issues aside, I note that there are currently
restrictions on Oyster about doing various administrative things only at
pre-nominated stations.

The actual physical card could be provided by many different sources,
possibly even places like libraries or the local bus company.
The products ('stored journey rights, seasons and carnets) will be
retailed by the TOCs and agents such as the Trainline. Loading could
take place either at the point of sale, or through the TOD
functionality at validators.
Stored value interavailability (e.g using Nottingham Easyrider credit
as Oyster PAYG credit) is unlikely because of the e-money issues.