Old January 18th 08, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

Could... but *will* they? That's the question. Or do I have to find
specific "loading points".

In the extreme, I wouldn't really expect to get a SWT season ticket I
bought last night suddenly appear on my ITSO card when I use it (at some
point in the future) to make a trip on a Nottingham bus.

But would I be wrong to expect it to suddenly appear if I used that same
card to work the barrier into Nottingham railway station on my way back
to London having just spent the weekend in the Midlands? Or would I have
to wait until I encountered a SWT-branded validator?

It will all depend on commercial agreements. Pick-up at a gateline
will only be possible at a single pre-nominated gateline. It remains
to be seen what TOCs will organise for that functionality.

Pick-up at a Fastticket-style machine may well follow the exisiting
arrangements. From past posts this does seem to be possible at other
machines than the one nominated.

Pick-up from a bus ticket machine is technically just about possible,
but I think unlikely to happen.