Old January 18th 08, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

In message
, at
06:09:14 on Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:

Could... but *will* they? That's the question. Or do I have to find
specific "loading points".

In the extreme, I wouldn't really expect to get a SWT season ticket I
bought last night suddenly appear on my ITSO card when I use it (at some
point in the future) to make a trip on a Nottingham bus.

But would I be wrong to expect it to suddenly appear if I used that same
card to work the barrier into Nottingham railway station on my way back
to London having just spent the weekend in the Midlands? Or would I have
to wait until I encountered a SWT-branded validator?

It will all depend on commercial agreements. Pick-up at a gateline
will only be possible at a single pre-nominated gateline.

Why?? This makes huge assumptions about where my future travels plans
might take me.

FastTicket pickup *claims* to be only at nominated machines, but in
practice seems to be "any of them".

It remains to be seen what TOCs will organise for that functionality.

In other words, whose gatelines will be available for the pickup of
which tickets?

Here's an example: say I already have a ticket for Nottingham to Luton,
but my travel plans change and I buy a second ticket from Luton to
London. My train stops at Luton (so no issues with combining tickets).

BUT if I can only pick up that second ticket at the Luton gateline (or
any other FCC gateline - the argument is the same) then I can't make a
proper through journey as the train will have departed again by the time
I can do that.