Old November 12th 03, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Bus route numbering

(Boltar)typed

Ok , this is a hopeless anoraky question but something I suddenly wondered
last night... How come most bus routes have a simple number (eg 13, 221) but
some have a letter in them , eg W6. Why do some routes have letters too? Its
not like they've used up all the numbers in the universe so do these letters
denote something special (ok , I know what the N in the night bus
routes mean ,
I'm talking about daytime routes

I *think* it has something to do with where these buses run.
U* buses mostly run around the Uxbridge area
H* buses mostly cover Harrow (except H1, H2 & H3, which go round
Hampstead Garden Suburb)
E* buses have an Ealing connection
PR* run around Park Royal

I don't know if Wood Green or Walthamstow gave their W to the W* buses though.
A* buses are airport buses.

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.