Old January 18th 08, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default North London Line AC/DC question

On Jan 18, 4:04 pm, Charles Ellson wrote:

Don't the motor control systems of a class 313 present a more "peaky"
load than older stock ?

AFAIK 313s (and 507/508) are simple camshaft operated resistance
control systems (although there my be some electronic supervision)
little different than anything built from 1930s onwards. If 313s have
a bigger peak current then that will be down to current limit relay
settings. Apat from knowing what that value is, I can't see why they'd
be more peaky than a 501.

--
Nick